Monday, January 25, 2010

The Chick Behind the Camera


I'm Kristin Hayward, the chick behind the camera and the name behind the "kbh". I married my high school sweetheart and we have two hilarious kiddos, who are always great guinea pigs for my ever-present camera.

I love capturing life as it happens: the true, candid and telling moments that might normally go unnoticed. Whether it's a child making a discovery or a shared moment between a newly engaged couple, I want to be able to document it so it becomes a lasting memory for those who would cherish it most. Although I love a good portrait of everyone smiling while looking at the camera (and these are great for a Christmas card!), it's the unplanned, candid moments that happen during the session that end up being the favorites in the end. If your toddler makes her signature frown-face when she's mad and I can capture that for you, I promise that will mean more to you one day than a posed stance with folded hands and a forced smile. It's YOU & YOUR FAMILY that I hope to freeze in time, not a "Stepford" version of you (hopefully you get my allusion there!)

In each session, I always hope to unwrap the personalities of my clients and translate this into meaningful custom images that represent who they are as individuals. (And of course, I love it when I get to work with good sports who will put up with my often-crazy ideas...)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment